We're not your average brewery as all of our beer is brewed for us under contract so we don't always have an extensive list on tap. The majority of our beers are our take on American, German, and English ales like India Pale Ales, Pale Ales, Brown Ales, Porters, Stouts, Lagers, and Blonde Ales. Every beer contains at least one ingredient grown on the farm - hops, fruits, or vegetables.
You can find our cans at several liquor stores in Frederick County. Ask your favorite store to carry Mad Science!
1. Helles Belles, 5.2% ABV, 18 IBU. Our yellow, crisp lager with a light hop aroma and malty finish. Uses German Pilsner malt, Carahell malt, Caravienne malt, and Carapils malt. Hopped with Thanksgiving Farm’s Cascade hops to balance the malt and give it just a touch of citrus flavor.
2. Killer Bees, 5.2% ABV, 40 IBU. A bold flavored brown ale using a friend's honey from his Frederick County hives. This uses Maris Otter, brown, crystal, and chocolate malts with Nugget hops for bittering and our Cascade hops for aroma.
3. Comb the Desert, 4.6% ABV, 24 IBU. our Schwarzbier collaboration with Antietam Brewery. Refreshing and crisp with just the right amount of chocolate notes and a hint of roast. Make no mistake, this black lager is a perfect thirst quencher on a hot summers day.
4. C. Hopulinum, 5.6% ABV, 109 IBU. A beautiful orange colored West Coast-style IPA! This uses all "C" hops - Cascade, Centennial, Chinook, Citra, and Columbus for a wonderful citrus, floral, and slightly piney flavor and aroma. High IBU but a nice balanced bitterness that is supported by Golden Promise malt.
5. Agent Orange, 7.9% ABV, 75 IBU. A hazy IPA with big orange and citrus flavors and aromas. Uses pale malt, Carared malt, flaked barley, lactose, and sweet orange peel and is hopped with CTZ, Centennial, Mandarina Bavaria, Azacca, Exp. #10416, Citra, Amarillo, and Thanksgiving Farms Cascade hops.
6. Hemophilia, 7.5% ABV, 69 IBU. This is a super dark Russian Imperial stout that uses American 2-row pale malt, Munich 10L, Crystal 120L, Chocolate, flaked barley, roasted barley, smoked malt, and black malt to provide roasted coffee flavors.
7. Dunning-Kruger Effect, 5.4% ABV, 14 IBU. Meet the Dunning-Kruger Effect: In 1995 two banks were robbed. The perpetrators used lemon juice on their faces believing that it would make them invisible to the security cameras. This event led to a study called the Dunning-Kruger Effect. Look it up, it is well worth your time. This beer is a collaboration with Liquidity Aleworks and was inspired by Lemon head candy. What we got is more of a Lemonade sour than a lemon head sour but it is very tasty and waiting for you!
CANS AVAILABLE (for on-premise):
Amber, 5.4% ABV, 56 IBU. an aromatic, malt-forward amber ale with a touch of sweetness at first, followed by a slight bitterness in the finish that dries out your palate.
Antidote #1, 5.3% ABV, 33 IBU. An almost SMaSH pale ale using Pilsner malt, a touch of medium British crystal malt, and hopped with Centennial hops.
Black Death, 7.7% ABV, 84 IBU. Uses American 2-row pale malt. Carafoam, Carafa Special III, aromatic, and black malt to provide the same needs to balance the bittering hops yet let's the aroma hops.
Human Harvester, 6.4% ABV, 64 IBU. Our fresh hop pale ale using Maris Otter malt, 2-row malt, medium British crystal malt, aromatic malt, and biscuit malt with Columbus hops for bittering and a blend of fresh (wet) hops from Thanksgiving Farm – Cascade and Nugget.
Rye-Sin, 5.5% ABV, 34 IBU. A rye pale ale using American 2-row pale malt, rye malt, red rye malt, medium British crystal, and aromatic malt and hopped using Columbus, Cascade, Chinook, and Amarillo.
Human Harvester, 2022 edition